All times are UTC - 8 hours

Peer
 Post subject: Any Interest?
PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 3:37 pm 
Offline Profile Send private message
Player: Evanesce
I'm not sure if there is any interest in such a thing, but might as well put out some feelers!

If you read Roslyn's bio, her family was one of those who are unhappy with the current status quo of the royal family. While they believe in 'Love as thou wilt,' they also believe the royal family should be held to a higher standard and keep their bloodlines pure and clean, without taint of foreign blood. When the Dragon stirred up unrest all over the countryside and in the court itself, it also stirred up other feelings, and those who feel the same way as Ros' family banded together with secret meetings and code phrases and all that fun stuff.

But when the Dragon was outed, caught, and executed, many slid back into the shadows, not wanting fingers pointed at them, but still they stewed. Now that the youngest prince is married and has had a child with a Skaldi woman, and the Dauphine is engaged to be married to the Cruarch's heir, those feelings have come back with an urgency. The blood is already so diluted, and they really cannot let this just go. Martin or Nicola are their only hopes in the immediate family, though they are controversial themselves, or maybe even a more 'pure' Prince or Princess of the Blood. Or maybe even somebody else?

I definitely want anybody to be able to opt out of this (such as the royal family if they so feel), but I think it would be fun to play some schemers and plotters, maybe even get a group going, give them a title and secret phrases, etc. They would have to be super secretive, of course, because to be caught would be treason. And with feelings still running so high after the last plot against the throne... It's always fun to add some strife, no? And though the main backers would, of course, be peerage, there are surely some of the lower classes who feel the same.

As for Ros' part, she has been sent to find connections in the City, to do what she can, but she has been kept somewhat innocent in the main facts. So leaders of the group are open, of course, and Ros' half siblings are open to play, they can be much more intertwined in all of this (and I have an idea for her eldest half brother, he's protective of his baby sister to the point it's 'innapropriate' :blush: >.> He'd also be heir to the Marquisate de Lafoneuil, unless somebody wants to play a sister older than him, her half-siblings can be any age as long as they are 18 and up, their mother can be from any other family, as long as they are 'pure blooded' d'Angeline, message me or find me in the discord chat if any questions)

So, yeah, I have some kinks to work out in it, but there we go lol.

Post subject: Re: Any Interest?
PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 10:05 pm 
Player: Rhi
Calling dibs on the creepy big brother.... hehe

PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 10:23 pm 
Player: Jewell
And I've got the love interest lol

Comtess'
PostPosted: April 19th, 2017, 9:20 am 
Player: Kirin
Hmmm....
Maybe this one could be interested in joining this little cabal. Not out of belief, but willingness to humble and/or help reshape the Royal family.

Peer of the Realm
PostPosted: April 19th, 2017, 11:25 am 
I'm going to warn you, Phaing, that this group would want to do more than humble and reshape, they would be willing to cause a civil war over this, to do what it takes to keep a pure line on the throne (not too unlike Prince Benedict and Melisande's thinking in the 2nd book and all that), that kind of extremist thinking. It can be very likely the men who attacked Z'epheryne are of a similar mind / part of this cause! :o

I'll be back on tonight to talk more about this, I am running out the door right now!

Comtess'
PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 11:06 am 
That leaves Fleur out then, she isn't very fanatical about this sort of thing.
It is more likely she would go into this with the intention of betraying them for her own benefit, and that's not exactly unusual.
This sort of thing tends to be an "in-house" affair, anyway.

Libertine
PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 2:42 pm 
Yeah, executions for treason should wait a bit. Need to have a chance to get into trouble first. Hehe.

Peer
PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 3:27 pm 
Zepher wrote:
That leaves Fleur out then, she isn't very fanatical about this sort of thing.
It is more likely she would go into this with the intention of betraying them for her own benefit, and that's not exactly unusual.
This sort of thing tends to be an "in-house" affair, anyway.

Haha, Fleur would definitely not be a part of this, as she isn't pure blood anyways, and I don't think she knows enough about d'Angeline politics as is.

As for executions, definitely holding off xD The trouble will be too much fun :D

Comtess'
PostPosted: April 25th, 2017, 8:27 pm 
Fleur was a typo, I menat Z; ....

Well, who knows, maybe Armand will have a dark side, but I'm out of this one for now.

Libertine
PostPosted: April 25th, 2017, 8:42 pm 
Got the court contact done. So once Ariel is done being Ariel, he and Ros can see Laurent in the morning... well maybe afternoon

Peer
PostPosted: April 25th, 2017, 8:52 pm 
Zepher wrote:
Fleur was a typo, I menat Z; ....

Well, who knows, maybe Armand will have a dark side, but I'm out of this one for now.

Haha, I should have figured it was a typo, but never know when somebody had some plotting in mind! And ooooh, that will be interesting to see..!

And yes, they do need to see him! Though afternoon sounds much more plausible :innocent:

Head Priestess of Naamah
PostPosted: April 26th, 2017, 10:58 am 
Hey, Ros can blame Mael, we all know Ariel would never instigate anything of the sort. :innocent: