All times are UTC - 8 hours

Washerwoman
 Post subject: Who wants to meet Ella?
PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 4:09 pm 
Offline Profile Send private message
Player: Mer
Hi all... I'm slowly getting started back up again. :) I've been tossing around this idea for awhile, and now it's happening. "Ella" is here!

I'm looking to build new relationships with Ella and have some fun new experiences on her that she definitely wouldn't've had otherwise. I'm not opposed to romance either. There are a few small restrictions, but basically only to ensure she gets awhile before things have to change.

Warning, read any further and there will be spoilers about this plot arc. If you want to RP with me without spoilers (beyond what you can probably guess, unless you're Jewell XD), then just send me a PM.

Okay, now for the spoilers.... :happy:

:awesome:

Ella is, of course, Renée, but she suffered a head injury in the attack on the progressus and has not recovered her memory -- which may also be from mental trauma as well after witnessing all the carnage of the attack and such. Fenrir was able to heroically escape with her and they ran for their lives, avoiding pursuing assassins, of which there were plenty, and for many months, as Ikoinen tried to ensure she was dead. Since she never showed up, he assumed that she had ended up that way one way or another.

Anyway, they ended up living incognito in a small village near the Skaldic/Serenissiman border with "Ella" completely unaware of her identity or the threat to their safety while Fenrir watched out for her and tried to find out what was going on back home. A combination of paranoia (substantiated by close calls with Ikoinen's persistent attempts to find them) and maybe wishing this was the life they'd had all along kept Fenrir from ever making a move to find help, especially with dire rumors coming out of Terre d'Ange about the Duc's rise to power.

By the time Damia returned and defeated Ikoinen, however, Fenrir had become sick. A wasting disease took his life over the course of a year, and he couldn't bring himself to tell Ella anything, believing her safer and happier where she was living the life of a commoner... especially with some signs maybe pointing to a willful self-deception on her part. But in his final days, he came to regret his choice, realizing he was keeping her from her duty, her true potential, and their family, and gave her their signet rings, and told her to go to the City of Elua and speak to the Dauphine. He didn't try to tell her the truth as he knew she would not have believed him.

So that's what happened. And now we have Ella working at Anael's (and other odds jobs in the district) while waiting to be granted an audience with the Dauphine, a process which may take several months, considering how difficult it must be for a commoner to get through. She can meet or talk to just about anyone in the City excepting those who would recognize her -- those probably being any noble who spent time at Court prior to her disappearance, or other distinguished person (heads of temples, Royal Admiral, etc.) who did business with her directly. Most folks might know what she looked like from a distance, seeing her in parades or whatnot, but they or even those who were around Court if not interactive with her much would likely not recognize her simply due to the sheer difficulty of seeing the Queen in a washerwoman working in a tavern (and somewhat older and wearier to boot). The opportunities for shenanigans abound!

Let me know if you have any ideas. :heart: I look forward to playing with you all!

Chevallier
PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 7:06 pm 
Player: Kush
Mental note... Nicola needs a reason to avoid Anael's Tavern. Ie. her home away from the palace... Funny to see her mother working for her "other mother" though.

I may send Katriel to the tavern though...

And, you do still have a message from Kira on Mia.

Heliotrope Adept
PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 9:25 pm 
Player: Evanesce
I've got lots of characters who wouldn't recognize her as the missing Queen who can play, depending on what kind of shenanigans you'd like her to get into! They are all listed here, and some are in some need of friends, such as Alyona, who she saw at the Tavern, and a couple others! ^_^

Princess of the Blood
PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 11:35 pm 
Now, since Jewell has a way of listening that makes everything work itself out so it makes sense... given Nicola's mistrust of the current state of affairs, she likely wouldn't say anything about finding her mother there with amnesia. Seeing it as keeping her safe in her invalid state, much in the way dad did. Not to mention , likely not believing what she is seeing the first few times, given how drunk she likely will be.

Though, I understand if you don't want Ella to see her, and risk triggering any memories.

But, like Eva said... Depends what kinda trouble you want her to get into.

Washerwoman
PostPosted: January 13th, 2016, 12:54 pm 
Could always be that Nicola just doesn't come by at the same time as her mother is working, since Ella isn't there 24/7. It could be a number of weeks or even months that the odds just don't come out that way! That said, I think the dilemma you describe that Nicola would have to face would be an interesting one to work in later on. How does that sound?

Eva, let's pick a couple characters for her to meet!

Princess of the Blood
PostPosted: January 13th, 2016, 1:33 pm 
Sounds especially good, since my computer died a few days ago and I am still trying to figure out how I'm gonna end up posting.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2016, 4:29 am 
:
Well, when/if it comes to her wanting to be found, then who better than her son, Lebrecht and his fiancee, a Skaldi clan chiefs daughter and hero of the realm. ;)

Just saying...

Washerwoman
PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 11:49 am 
Haha, that could be fun! Since they never met, maybe Tyra just sees a resemblance and begins to wonder... and things go from there! Let's give it a little while though, not wanting to rush through the plot just yet :D