All times are UTC - 8 hours

Peer
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 4:11 pm 
Offline Profile Send private message
Player: Evanesce
The Shahrizai family have been in disarray ever since the twins were slaughtered during the Progressus, and while some have tried to take the title, nothing ever was written into stone. For the meantime, Beatrice has taken the mantle, trying to round everybody up and keep the family together, but with the title up for grabs, there is an undercurrent of unease, the ripples threatening to become huge waves that will tear apart the normally close knit clan.

There is a lot of potential for this to be fun, the family forming factions behind who they support, some underhanded stuff going on, siblings becoming closer while others have a wedge driven between them all for the Ducal title. And of course, the Morbhan family is more than happy to see the Shahrizai brought down a peg or two, and for the chance to tell them to get their stuff together and to quit being an embarrassment.

Interested? Then make a Shahrizai, whether you want the title or just to join in on the fun. Any ideas for this? Post them below!

And just to note, Beatrice will not be trying to get/keep any positions, she is just here to keep her beloved family from falling apart! But if somebody wanted to try to push somebody reluctant in charge, somebody they can try to control from the shadows, that could be fun too! Or an idea for another character!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 4:38 pm 
Player: Rhi
Well we all know Thalassa is the wrong girl for the job, mind you if someone of the right sort in her estimation were to step up she isn't afraid to weigh in... nor to turn that pesky vision on those who might not be worth following and dig up the truths they don't want out in the open, bearing in mind of course the girl has a terribly over active conscience, and a very set personal moral compass. If anyone could sway her to their side would be interesting, otherwise she's likely to stand apart and try to perform damage control if things spill over out of immediate family circles.

Ivelisse is still in the works, wouldn't mind the crown so to speak, it would make her personal games and vendetta so much easier to pursue. Mind you she is trying a piece at a time to dismantle the Morbhan and anything else will always take backseat to that.

She is going to be a descendant of Faragon though through his second child's line, sooo, might throw her hat in the proverbial ring just to see what happens. If nothing comes of it all's well that ends well. She still can make Varek and his brood pay for past sins. :D

Peer
PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 8:21 pm 
Player: Evanesce
Heh, that sounds fun :D

I know Adelais isn't even in the running, she doesn't know the family well enough (except some here and there), but it could be a reason for her to get to know them better and put her support behind somebody.

Baronesse de Falaise
PostPosted: December 1st, 2017, 11:46 am 
Player: Mer
I might take Mia out of hibernation for this. :D I always played her as being very natural to power, but risk-aversive, and thus, happy with her barony and uninterested in the duchy. Basically: powerful enough to do what she wants without having to be constantly defending it, as I imagine would be the case in the power-hungry Shahrizai family. She chose to ally herself with the twins as that was the safest position, and would probably look for someone else to throw her support behind rather than make a run for the title herself, despite being well-placed to do so.

Peer of the Realm
PostPosted: December 1st, 2017, 11:50 am 
Player: Mer
And I forgot I still have Spiro too... this could be an opportunity for me to finally develop him! He's not positioned to have a good claim to the title, but he could certainly be a player in the plot.

Gentian Adept
PostPosted: December 1st, 2017, 1:58 pm 
Player: Rhi
Oh I forgot about my by blows, Vivian and Fabienne. Not that either is in a position to do much with this. Viv is more likely to get involved of the two, Fabienne really doesn’t care what happens in the circles of power family or otherwise.